Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get email when I am away from home?
- If you normally read email on the ITCS email servers, you can read your email when you're temporarily away from home using any networked computer that has a web browser. Just go to web.mail.umich.edu and log in with your U-M uniqname and password. (Make sure you log out when you're finished!) If you're at a friend's house, at a hotel that provides Internet access through its own Internet service provider, or even at a Cybercafe, this is a great way to get your email. For documentation on this web email option, see Using web.mail.umich.edu: Getting Started (s4297). Please note that this will only work if you use ITCS's email service.
- How can I look up U-M email addresses?
- To find staff, faculty, or student email addresses, use the University of Michigan Online Directory.
- How can I update my Online Directory entry so that my email is routed (forwarded) to a different email account?
- See Forwarding or Redirecting Your Email Using the U-M Online Directory Via the Web (s4279).